What is a House Check and how to do I request one?
Village Police Officers conduct House Checks when residents are away from their homes for more than twenty-four (24) hours. During their patrol shift, Officers walk around the perimeter of the house looking for anything out of the ordinary; i.e., open windows or doors, individuals on the premises without authorization, etc. Residents are encouraged to stop newspaper and mail deliveries. Any mail or packages left on the property will be collected by the Officers and taken to the Village Communications Center. Newspapers will be collected and recycled. The Officer will leave a note advising that mail was collected.

Village residents may contact the Village Communications Center at (301) 654-7300 to arrange a House Check. You can also submit a “House Check Request” form directly from the Village website. Residents are encouraged to contact the Village Communications Center to cancel their House Check if they return early or cancel their departure or to make additions/deletions to their information.
Request a House Check

Show All Answers

1. What phone number do I call in the event of an emergency (a crime in progress or just occurred, injured persons, chemical spills, collisions with injuries, fires, medical emergencies)?
2. If it is a non-emergency situation (collisions with NO injuries, thefts after the fact, loud parties)
3. How do I get a copy of a police or accident report?
4. What do I do if my credit card has been lost/stolen or I believe someone has stolen my identity?
5. What is a Home Security Survey and how do I get one?
6. How do I pay a Speed Camera ticket?
7. What is a House Check and how to do I request one?