How do I transfer liability?

If you, as the registered owner, were not operating the vehicle at the time of the infraction and you choose to identify the person who was, you shall provide to the District Court a sworn to and affirmed statement and mail by certified mail.  Your statement must indicate you swear or affirm that the person named in the citation was not operating the vehicle and include any corroborating evidence.  All requests must be received no later than thirty (30) days after the mail date of the citation.  Send your request in an envelope marked “Transfer of Liability” to: Chevy Chase Village, 4040 Blackburn Lane – Suite 200, Burtonsville, Maryland 20866

Show All Answers

1. What are Speed Cameras?
2. What are the fines for violation?
3. Where do I pay my fine?
4. How may I contest my fine?
5. Why is the Village using Speed Cameras?
6. Where else will speed cameras be used?
7. How will the money from the fines be used?
8. How will I know if I'm in a speed camera zone?
9. Where do I call if I have a question about the speed camera program?
10. How do I transfer liability?
11. How do I obtain a flag release (VR119) for my vehicle?