Flu & Pneumonia Clinic
Save the Date REMINDER!
Get your flu shot on:
Date: Monday, October 23, 2017
Time: 3pm - 7pm
Location: Village Hall
As a reminder we will have two nurses come out to the Village Hall on Monday to administer flu and pneumonia vaccines. To help calculate the approximate number of vaccines the nurses will need to bring, Village Residents need to RSVP by close of business October 20, 2017. If you are requesting the Hi-Dose Flu Vaccine please note that when you RSVP.
Flu vaccine facts
- Getting vaccinated makes you about 60% less likely to need treatment for the flu
- Get the vaccine once per year to make sure you’re protected. The flu-fighting power of the vaccines decreases over time
- Flu season can start as early as OCTOBER
- It takes about 2 WEEKS after vaccination for antibodies to develop in the body and provide protection from the flu
- A droplet from a cough or sneeze can spread to other up to 6 FEET away
- EVERYONE 6 MONTHS AND OLDER should be vaccinated, according to the CDC.
- Adults over 65 and children under 5 are at increased risk
- Last year alone, the flu shot prevented 7.2 MILLION influenza-associated illnesses and 90,000 flu hospitalizations
Please contact Tamu at the Village Hall to register. 301-654-7300 or email@example.com
Flu Knowledge Sheet