- Village Committees
- Former Village Committees
- Building Code Review Committee
Building Code Review Committee
Applicable Committee Guidelines
The ad hoc Building Code Review Committee is classified as a Single Purpose Committee. Members of this Committee are appointed by the Board of Managers.
Scope of Work
The ad hoc committee would be tasked with reviewing each aspect of the Building Code seeking to:
- Simplify provisions
- Re-word confusing language and references
- Re-orient the sections so they are in a more logical layout
- Eliminate discrepancies, contradictions or inconsistencies as discovered in the current Code
- Address complaints of bureaucracy and "heavy-handed" provisions that are no longer useful
- Make recommendations for substantive changes
Board appointment of the ad hoc Building Code Review Committee
October through November 2012
Interim report from the ad hoc committee (depending on the length of the report, the Board may choose to convene a work session with the members of the ad hoc committee to review the interim findings)
Final committee report/Public Hearing on recommended revisions to the Building Code
Adoption of the revised Ordinance¹. Depending on the committee's comfort level, the comprehensive review should be completed within six months, with bimonthly updates provided to the Board of Managers detailing the committee's progress, and seeking Board input on any areas requiring Board guidance.
Substantive amendments to the Building Code require a 30-day review and comment period by the Montgomery County Council. Sufficient time should be permitted for this review.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes.
- Mary Sheehan, Chair
- Greg Dixon
- James Durham
- Thomas Jackson
- David Jones
- Rob Josephs
- Marc Weller
Patricia Baptiste, Former Vice Chair
Ellen Sands, Permitting & Code Enforcement Coordinator