Environment & Energy Committee
Applicable Committee Guidelines
The Environment and Energy Committee is classified as an Open Membership Committee Membership is open to any interested residents who agree to engage in the work of the Committee and regularly attend scheduled Committee meetings.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Forever Plastics Article from the February 2018 Crier
Click to see the expanded article that includes informative websites as well as other articles about this issue.
Landscape Noise, Pollution and Solutions Meeting,
September 28, 2019
Including presentations by Dr. Jamie Banks, Executive Director of "Quiet Communities" (see the ) and Mr. Chuck Elkins, J.D., Washington ANC3D Commissioner (see the Quiet Clean DC Powerpoint here). If you were unable to attend the informational meeting:
- the agenda is available here;
- summary article; and
- full audio is available at this link.
Battery Powered Leaf Blower Demonstrations on the Village Greens
Join committee members to learn about alternatives to gas powered lawn equipment- two dates available in November 2019. View the event flier here...
- Quiet Communities- White Paper Covid-19 and Gas Leaf Blowers
- Bill 52-14 Healthy Lawns Legislation Brief - June 12, 2017
- Best Practices for Leaf Blower Operation
- Audio Recording of Smart Waste - An Integrated Approach to Waste Management Lecture (MP3)
- Budget Proposal for Lecture Series on Sustainable Living (PDF)
- Composting (PDF)
- Environment and Energy Committee Scope of Work (PDF)
- New Year Resolution - Lets Curb Our Footprint (PDF)
- Recycling Guidance Update (PDF)
- Revised Chevy Chase Village RainScapes 3-24-2015 (PDF)
- Sustainable Living Tips (PDF)
- Vision Statement of the Environment and Energy Committee - Trees as Valuable Village Assets (PDF)
- Natural Capital of Trees article
- Recycling- What is allowed
- Organic Pest Management
- Mosquito Management_final
- Tick Prevention
- Revised Noise Reduction Proposal for CC Village 8-15-19
- Fact Sheet _Quiet-Communities-1
- Battery-Powered Leaf Blower Demonstrations on the Village Greens (PDF)
- Annual Report 2020