They provide a critical interface between the residents and the Board by generating a wealth of ideas, research and analysis for the policy initiatives that underlie good governance.The Board relies on the support of two types of committees; standing committees and ad hoc or single purpose committees.
- Committee for Seniors - Betty O'Connor, Chair
- Community Relations Committee - Lance Patterson, Chair
- Election Supervisors - Mary Sheehan, Chair
- Environment & Energy Committee - Marea Haziolos, PhD., Chair
- Financial Review Committee - Brian Christaldi, Chair
- Historic Preservation Commission Local Advisory Panel (LAP)
- Parks & Greenspaces Committee - Margo Kingston, Chair
- Public Safety Committee - Saul B. Goodman, Chair
- Traffic Committee - Phillip Webre, Chair
- Tree Committee - Philip Webre, Chair
To strengthen the role of Village committees and to ensure that their work is transparent and a model of democratic practice, the Board has adopted guidelines (PDF) for Village committees (adopted January 2012).
All Committee Chairs are appointed by the Board of Managers. If you would like to join a committee, please click on the corresponding committee's link for that committee's specific membership information. For additional information regarding these Committees, please contact the Chevy Chase Village Office.
View the Committee pages for more information including their Scope of Work, Current Membership and Meeting Agendas and Minutes.