About the Village
Created in 1890 and incorporated in 1951, Chevy Chase Village is an historic community of 722 homes on just under half a square mile in the southern section of Montgomery County, Maryland. The original streetcar suburb to the Nationís Capital, Chevy Chase Village borders the District of Columbia. The Villageís tree-lined streets, brick sidewalks, open parks, and centrally located Village Hall combine with walking-distance access to public transportation, shopping, restaurants, and theaters to offer the best of urban and suburban living. Our small-town residential character encourages civic and social engagement, while our municipal government provides first-rate administrative, police, and public works services.